Copied in order of appearance in the text, according to the authorized Concordance.
First, I present it line by line in this post. Next, I hope to discuss some of these statements for what they reveal about Mary Baker Eddy’s “Theory of Mortal Mind”.
The 1st non-appearance of mortal mind From Chapter 2: Atonement:
- Had his origin and birth been wholly apart from mortal mind, Jesus would not have been appreciable to mortal mind as “the way”.
The 16 non-appearance of mortal mind in Chapter 3: Christian Science vs Spiritualism:
- Thus you learn that these also are images, which mortal mind holds and evolves, and which stimulate mind, life, and intelligence.
- From dreams also you learn that neither mortal mind or matter is the image and likeness of God, and that Immortal Mind is not in matter.
- Error brings its own self-destruction both here and here after, for mortal mind creates its own physical conditions.
- They are the falsities of sense, the changing deflections of mortal mind; they are not the eternal realities of Mind.
- Even planchette- the French toy which years ago pleased so many people- attested the control of mortal mind over its substratum, called matter.
- It is mortal mind which convulses its substratum, matter. These movements arise from the volition of human belief, but they are neither scientific nor rational.
- Mortal mind produces table tipping as certainly as table setting, and believes that this wonder emanates from spirits and electricity.
- The act of reading mortal mind investigates and touches only human beliefs.
- Jesus knew as others did not, that it was not matter, but mortal mind whose touch called for aid.
- Haunted houses, ghostly voices, unusual noises, and apparitions brought out in dark séances either involve feats by tricksters, or they are images and sounds evolved involuntarily by mortal mind.
- Mortal mind sees what it believes as certainly as it believes what it sees.
- The Scotch call such vision “Second sight” when really it is first sight instead of second for it presents primal facts to mortal mind.
- The strong impressions produced on mortal mind by friendship or any intense feeling are lasting, and mind-readers can perceive and reproduce these impressions.
- Our master read mortal mind on a scientific basis, that of the omnipresence of Mind.
- The effect of his mind was always to heal and to save, and this is the only genuine science of reading mortal mind.
- In reality, the more closely error resembles truth and so-called matter resembles its essence mortal mind, the more impotent Error becomes as a belief.